Monday, September 3, 2012

Stitches.

The last time I embroidered anything, was during a road trip at the age of 12.  I had recently learned how to do a few simple stitches and decided I needed to embellish the far-to-simple wardrobes of all my Barbies.  I added stitched graphics all over their pink mini skirts and tops, turning them into fashion trend-setters (in my mind). The practice was short-lived as I soon grew out of my Barbie phase -- although probably not soon enough...
Last week, I decided to re-visit this old-fashioned pass-time and work on my skills again.  I want to add custom embroidery as an add-on to my ring pillows on Etsy.  I had forgotten how fun and relaxing it is!  I get really into repetitive crafts -- as exhibited by my ongoing obsession with knitting.  There's just something about following a line, stitch after stitch... after stitch.  It's meditative.  Here's little sneak peek into my first bits of practice.

Handwritten name and a couple of hearts.

Using my friends' upcoming nuptials as inspiration.

Keep your eyes peeled for custom embroidery added to my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts, but please be nice. Only positive energy is accepted!

Share the Love