Friday, October 26, 2012

Tutto A Posto.


Photo - Seaside, FL.
Translated from italian: "All is good." It's the name of the house my family is staying in for our wedding next spring and also a wonderful theme for our upcoming engagement party. Really, it's kind of been the theme of the whole past year. Such a wonderful whirlwind. I feel like a little back story is needed, but I promise, I'll give you the short version:

From 4th - 8th grade, Shannon was my biggest childhood crush. The kind of crush that kept my adolescent-self up all night writing page after page in my diary about how much I liked him. In fact, I recently broke the lock on that tween-aged diary and found this: 
Circa 1994 - Lord, if I could talk to that girl now.
Of course he never had any idea of my massive crush because I could barely even look at him, let alone speak to him! So after 8th grade graduation, we went to different high schools and lost touch (::sniff::). College came and went in different states. I moved out East for graduate school, he moved out West for a girl, then to the South for graduate school, leaving that girl behind (thank goodness). A handful of years later, we reconnected on Facebook and somehow both ended up moving back to the Chicago area around the same time.
Countless semi-flirtatious emails, plenty of Facebook stalking, and almost two years passed until we finally had our first "real" date. Three days later, he went back home to his place in the suburbs and it became immediately clear to both of us that this was it. Game over.
After two weeks, Shannon asked if I'd move to Orlando with him if he were to get the position he was interviewing for. With a surprising lack of hesitation, I said "of course"(looking back now, we sound like absolute crazies). He got the job, and 6 months later, he proposed. Again, I said "of course." So, we packed up our homes, and off we went on this new adventure together. And all was good.

I designed our "Tutto a Posto" engagement party invitation with our crazy and wonderful story in mind. 
Front & Back of our Tutto a Posto invitation - Design by Gathered Events

Design by Gathered Events




No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts, but please be nice. Only positive energy is accepted!

Share the Love