Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bridal Body?

Not me.

So I'm getting married in just over 6 months (6 months and 10 days to be exact).  If you're a bride, or have been a bride, or lived with a bride, or watched a show about a bride, you know what that means.  For some reason this is a major milestone.  Maybe it's because 6 months is a more tangible time frame?  I can think back to what I was doing 6 months ago and it seems like it was YESTERDAY.  Last April, I was cutting hair at Floyd's back in Chicago, blissfully in love and planning our big move to Orlando. Then flash forward to today - BAM 6 months went by. Holy Moly, I'm getting married in SIX MONTHS!

I came to this realization last night while the Fiance and I were laying in bed going through our typical bedtime iphone rituals:

Shannon: Catch up on USA Today, answer pressing emails...
Me: Catch up on my Twitter feed, Facebook stalk people I barely know, get to level 16 in Tetris...

Last night, though, I opened the wedding planning app that I downloaded a couple of months ago when I couldn't keep my hands off anything wedding related. It's essentially an app that schedules all your "To Do's" based on your wedding date. "Find a venue," "Book a florist," "Hire a band," "Drain your savings account," etc. It now lives on the very last page of my apps because we've done all the big stuff and it's just details now. HOWEVER, last night I noticed that nagging little red dot on the WedHappy icon indicating I had no doubt missed some arbitrary deadline, so I clicked. That precious little app then presented me with a list of all my unfinished "Tasks." Oh, Lord...

Staring at me on my list of tasks under the date, November 17, 2012, was "Dress fitting #1"  WHAT?!?  That's less than 6 weeks away.  Cue downward panic spiral.  I haven't lost any weight yet! I thought I had more time! I haven't been dieting! Oh crap, I ate 6 pieces of dove chocolate today (and yesterday, and the day before...)!

And then ultimately, "Oh my gosh, I only have 6 months left until the wedding..."

What is it about a looming dress fitting that can send a bride on a self-deprecation rampage? Now, I'm not the kind of girl who's willing to cut out carbs (or any food group for that matter) for 6 months (or really any amount of time) so I can be perfectly svelte on my wedding day. I've seen the downside of that kind of weight loss - i.e. a quick 20lb weight gain 6 months post wedding... And frankly, I just don't have that kind of will power. I can't pretend, though, that I don't feel the pressures that we all feel, knowing that I'll be looking at those hopefully gorgeous wedding photos for the rest of my life. I don't need to be perfect, but let's face it, no bride wants to see a double-chin in her photos!

So here I am, with 6 months and 10 days left until the big day, and all I can think about is a suggested "Dress fitting #1" on November 17.  Thanks WedHappy.

Brides!! Help a girl out, what are YOU doing on your quest for the not-perfect-but-just-right bridal body?

Also, you need some of these handmade lovelies ;) check them out : Handmade Lovelies

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! It's one of the most important decisions in a person's life. Wedding planning might be a daunting task for brides. Most of the brides do not have a wedding planning experience. I recommend using an all in one event management system that allows you collaborate with your hosts, vendors, caterers, photographer or anyone who you think should be involved in your planning process. Also, using a free seating chart maker within the same platform will help you handle your guest management without loosing your mind completely.

    ReplyDelete

Add your thoughts, but please be nice. Only positive energy is accepted!

Share the Love